Extra points

MarkW

Hi

We have submitted our EOI for 189 visa in November.  I am a mental health nurse with 6 years experience, Academic IELTS completed providing proficient English.  As it stands we currently have the minimum 60 points and I am aware that it is 70 points and over who are receiving the invites. Am I correct in my information that by taking IELTS general and obtaining 8's that would mean superior English and increase points by another 10???

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

Hi

We have submitted our EOI for 189 visa in November.  I am a mental health nurse with 6 years experience, Academic IELTS completed providing proficient English.  As it stands we currently have the minimum 60 points and I am aware that it is 70 points and over who are receiving the invites. Am I correct in my information that by taking IELTS general and obtaining 8's that would mean superior English and increase points by another 10???

That's correct. Look into IELTS General or PTE. Many seem to get higher scores in PTE but this doesn't mean it is easier than IELTS. The difference between the two is the delivery. As you would have known, IELTS is classroom style type of test whilst PTE is computer based. So in the end, it all depends on the comfort zone of the individual. Read more compare these 2 test types and decide from there. Good luck!

Archived