Validity of employment experience letter, reference letter given by Consulting company rather than end client, for whom I worked.

Sasidhar

Hi,

I work for a consulting company in US as Software Developer. I work for clients at the respective client site on contract basis for some period of time, depending on the client's requirements. My employer will be consulting company, who runs my payroll, generates my W2 tax statement, WHILE I actually work for client, at client's location and its the client who decides my roles and responsibilities of my employment.  But, client doesn't provide any employment letter, reference letter with stated duties & responsibilities and also he wouldn't support for any kind of background verification because clients don't maintain employment records of their contractors. Officially, it's the consulting company who will be my employer, and only he will provide the employment letter, reference letter and the support for background verification. Those consulting companies are not well-recognized MNC's unlike the end clients. 

So, can someone please let me know if the documents given by consulting companies such as experience letter, reference letter are accepted by ACS as valid proof for establishing work experience in related Skilled Occupation (Software Developer).

Also may I know if the employment needs to be continuous (for 3 years or more) or few months of break in the middle is accepted, because When working on contract basis it is quite natural that there would be a break after a contract ends and before another contract starts. 

Thanks,

Sasidhar.