Travelling before PMV issued

jimingrecia

Hi all, I need some help. I have applied for an offshore PMV, waiting on correspondence as we speak.

If hypothetically I were to go to Australia and whilst I was there was notified that it was accepted, would the commencement date give me enough time to leave and re-enter? Or would my PMV be cancelled, it's hard to get information on this and how notification is done (commencement dates and if they correspond to the date you receive the email etc).

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

If you are able to go over on a tourist visa, you would I assume need to notify your CO of your plans and travel dates so they know where you are and so on for grant to be able to happen. And to be sure you have a valid email address they can reach you at to notify you should the visa be ready to grant while you are in Aus. It cannot and will not be granted while you are in Australia that I am aware of.

You would need to liaise with them re your arrangements to go off shore for a few days so the visa can be granted. This would I expect be done via email. 

When do you think you may want to head to Aus? Have you applied for a tourist visa even? Is there anywhere on your immi account to log you change of country and/or address? 

If not you could always email the central email addy and see what comes back.

Its normal to often never even know a CO is assigned. If they have no reason to contact you and you've done medical and police check it's just a waiting game till grant really.

My main concern is letting the right people know that I will be in Australia so that they don't grant the visa while I am there. I don't know how it works, do you get a notification saying commencement is tomorrow or do they give you a specific timeframe between notification and commencement.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

They can't grant the visa if you are in Aus. You would have to leave the country so it could be granted. 

If you notify them you are travelling to Aus on a tourist visa and give them the dates, they will email you if they then want to grant the visa while you are there. You then need to make arrangements to head off shore for a few days. You give them the details once its booked and away you go. 

Did you not get any kind of email from them when you lodged that you can reply to? Is there no point on the online system anywhere to contact? Or leave a note? You could call the Aus High Commission or check their website to see if there is an email or phone number failing that.