North Lakes Brisbane

Helen P

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi @Helen P North Lakes seems a lovely area we visit often and the school does have a very good reputation so I think it will be a good choice. With independent schools they aren't usually zoned so you should be ok in that respect, however, if the school does have good results there can be a waiting list for certain years so it may be worth while dropping them an email asking if they have availability. I've known people settle in to a rental thinking their child will attend the private school and there have been no vacancies and the state school zone they were in wasn't one they wanted their child to attend. So always check that if for any reason your child couldn't get in to the school or they wanted to leave that their is a suitable alternative close by.

You may also find that you have to complete all the paperwork pay an enrolment fee and then they usually say you have to have an interview when you arrive in the country to see if the child/school is suitable, if this happens don't worry it is normal practice, I've never heard of anyone being refused at this stage. 

Archived