TV Connection - Rouse Hill, NSW

Skal

V Connection - Rouse Hill, NSW

Hi All,

I've just moved into a brand new(Eden Brae built) house in the suburb of*Rouse*Hill, New South Wales and am going round in circles trying to get a TV connection sorted. All I want to do is to be able to watch standard TV.

It seems that Telstra have a deal with the house builder and we had to go with them for Broadband so are paying over the odds for it. Having spoken to the landlord, he said that a TV aeriel cannot be installed on the house and we should contact Telstra for a solution. Wen I look around at other houses none have an Aeriel but when I contacted Telstra, they informed that their solution (which is similar to Apple TV) apparently needs an aeriel!

Can anyone provide any good advice? Thanks.******

Seems odd (the advice that Tesltra's solution is like Apple TV but needs an aerial; Apple TV is just a media streaming device, I would expect any such item wants feeding from internet rather than an antenna???)

If you can't get a normal aerial then terrestrial (including digital) will be difficult, so you're probably needing something that comes via internet or cable connection. If you're paying for broadband anyway I wouldn't have thought it would be much for an add-on

You could try an indoor antenna but results are highly variable. If you get it from a big box type store and it doesn't work, you might be right with just taking it back

Sorted now. The Telstra sales people on the phone were trying to push us to sign up to a monthly package. On the last phone call, they confirmed that they would just provide the aeriel set up so we can watch the basic tv channels without signing up to a package. Crafty people!

Archived