Timescales after sending in police checks and medical

Mel855

I lodged my partner visa in January 2016 and I have now been asked to send in my police checks and have my medical. These have all been submitted with no issues. Does anyone have any idea of timescales for hearing whether a visa is going to be granted? I am assumming that because they have now requested these I am getting somewhere closer? Many thanks

Does seem a rather long wait between lodging and being asked to undertake medical and provide police check. But given the official off shore timeframe for UK lodged applications is listed as 10-14 months, then you are within that.

Or are you from another country and lodged there? Their timeframe could be different.

The application is being dealt with by Serbia but their timeframe is also 10 - 14 months. Is the medical and police checks the last thing they usually ask for and probably sounds like a daft question but do they still ask for these checks if they are going to refuse a visa? I can't think of any grounds for them to refuse mine but you never know!

They still need medical and police check to be able to make a decision on the visa. Often people are asked within a few months to provide them but you've had to wait a lot longer. They could refuse the visa if you don't meet the medical aspect or have a criminal record.

It sounds like they are working to the 10-14 month time frame whereas many UK applicants are getting their visas much sooner and undertaking medical and police check within a few months of lodging.

I'd not worry overly. It means someone is dealing with your application and things are progressing. As to how soon you may hear about a grant, who knows.