ACS Skill assessment regectition

abhlib

Hi,

My name is Abhlib and I applied skilled assessment under 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer). I have 1 year of experience as IT System Engineer in Australia and it is closely related to Systems Engineer ICT work.

But today I got a reply from ACS saying that " You have been assessed as not meeting the requirements for professional information technology experience of one (1) year after the relevant qualification in a field closely related to your nominated skilled occupation".

They mentioned that my degrees have been assessed as compared to AQF Master Degree with a major in computing.

Still having a confusion as on what basis did they rejected my application.

Regards,

Abhi

I'm by no means an expert but here are my thoughts:

Do you have any other work experience that you are claiming for? I ask because I have around 6 years of work experience (in the same IT role/same company) yet they only awarded me 3 years of experience. Based on all the posts I have read through this is common practice for ACS.. I have no idea why

Were both your undergrad and postgrad degrees assessed as comparable to AQF qualification with a major in computing? I was not awarded any extra points for my Masters degree but was awarded for my Bachelor degree (even though both my BSc and MSc were comparable to AQF qualification with a major in computing). I have also read in previous posts that ACS doesn't award any work experience until after the completion date of your relevant degree.

The first two years of post-qualifying experience is not considered 'skilled' & therefore does not count towards your experience so without knowing more this is the most likely explanation.