Bridging visa

robdec23

Hello

I just want to ask a quick question, my rsms was rejected a week ago and I want to go for mrt, I have already applied mrt for my nomination. So just want to know how does it work coz the immigration has given me 21 days to apply for mrt. I have bridging visa c, so if I apply mrt for my visa, do I have to apply for bridging visa as well after applying mrt or I get the bridging visa automatically after applying for mrt???

Thank you kindly

Hi Robdec23 -

If you make a valid AAT review application for your refused RSMS visa, your existing bridging visa C will automatically be extended to cover you through the AAT review process for your refused visa plus 28 days. You may want to advise the AAT that you wish to have the refused nomination and refused visa application heard together if that is appropriate given the circumstances of your case.

Best,

Mark Northam

Thank you very much Mark for your prompt reply.

So it means when I apply aat for my refused visa, instantly i will get the bridging visa until I await the decision. I don't have to notify immigration that I have applied for aat. AND ALSO DO I HAVE TO APPLY FOR WORK RIGHTS OR I WILL BE HAVING THE SAME VISA CONDITIONS(bridging c with work rights).

Thanks in advance

Much obliged

Hi Robdec23 -

When you make a valid application for the AAT for your visa refusal, once the AAT receives the application and processes it your bridging visa (BV) will automatically be extended with an indefinite stay period (no expiration date) with all the conditions you currently have intact - you do not have to make a new BV application. Your BV will eventually be set to expire 28 days after the AAT final decision.

Best,

Mark Northam