Ielts result

craigash12

Hi there,

My partner has just received his IELTS results. He have scored 7.0 and 7.5 on every category apart from the writing where he scored 6.5.

He received an overall score 7.0.

Is this enough for a pass or will he need a resit?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi Craigash -

All depends on the visa and skills assessor requirements - DIBP requires a minimum of 6 for each of the 4 bands if using IELTS, however some skills assessors and state sponsorship authorities have created higher minimum scores for particular occupations. In most cases for skilled visas, the overall score is not relevant - only the minimum score across the 4 bands is. Suggest he checks the skills assessor requirements and state sponsorship requirements carefully for his occupation, and also whether he needs the extra 10 points (IELTS minimum 7 on each of 4 bands or equivalent) or 20 points (minimum 8 on each of 4 bands or equivalent) for his visa if it's a points tested skills visa.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

Hi Craigash -

All depends on the visa and skills assessor requirements - DIBP requires a minimum of 6 for each of the 4 bands if using IELTS, however some skills assessors and state sponsorship authorities have created higher minimum scores for particular occupations. In most cases for skilled visas, the overall score is not relevant - only the minimum score across the 4 bands is. Suggest he checks the skills assessor requirements and state sponsorship requirements carefully for his occupation, and also whether he needs the extra 10 points (IELTS minimum 7 on each of 4 bands or equivalent) or 20 points (minimum 8 on each of 4 bands or equivalent) for his visa if it's a points tested skills visa.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

Thanks Mark. That helps a lot

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Archived