job before permanent residency

sandy11

Hi there if any body can help me. I have applied for PR in april 2016 in rsms stream as a cook. But I did not know the fact that we have to work there before PR it was like we can start after getting PR. I dont know and I am not sure that do I need to start the job or not. Because I have over heard these days immigration asking about job if the applicant has started the job. If anybody have information about this plz share. Thank you

Hi Sandy11 -

There is no specific requirement under the RSMS visa that the applicant has already commenced working for the nominating employer (presumably under some other type of visa that allows work). However, DIBP will need to be satisfied that you are sufficiently skilled to be able to do the work to an Australian standard. However if you are applying for the RSMS visa under the direct entry stream (ie, have not held a 457 visa with the sponsoring employer for 2 yrs), you'll need to pass a skills assessment for the RSMS visa as cook is on the list of occupations where this is required. Also, re: RCB approval, some RCB's will view it as a positive factor if you are already working for the nominating employer.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

• 1 month later...