Need help understanding bridging visa

Mavi

Dear Agents,

I have applied RSMS 187 DE Restaurant manager on 15/12/2015. When I applied I was on student visa. Student visa expired on 28 July 2016 and bridging visa came in effect. Then we applied for student visa extension on 4 August 2016. Now I have 2 bridging visas, rsms BV is stating full time work rights and Student BV stating no work right. I want to know which one I should follow? Please reply me as soon as possible.

Thank you

Lakhwinder

Hi Lakhwinder -

Based on what you've said the BVA you would have received from the 187 application should still be in effect until the 187 is decided. You likely received a BVC for the student visa extension, but the A will still be in effect and the C will stay dormant until the BVA ceases 28 days after the 187 decision.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

Hi Lakhwinder -

Based on what you've said the BVA you would have received from the 187 application should still be in effect until the 187 is decided. You likely received a BVC for the student visa extension, but the A will still be in effect and the C will stay dormant until the BVA ceases 28 days after the 187 decision.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

thank you so much Mark for prompt reply. It means right now I am eligible to work full time?.

Hi Lakhwinder -

As long as your BVA has no work restrictions on it, you are able to work as long as the BVA remains in place. If you go onto the BVC after the BVA lapses, you may be able to add work rights to the BVC if it does not have them initially by making a claim of financial hardship.

Best,

Mark Northam

Hi Lakhwinder -

As long as your BVA has no work restrictions on it, you are able to work as long as the BVA remains in place. If you go onto the BVC after the BVA lapses, you may be able to add work rights to the BVC if it does not have them initially by making a claim of financial hardship.

Best,

Mark Northam

Thank you so much Mark to clarify my confusion. I appreciate it. I was just following my student visa conditions and I didn't realised that now my rsms BVA is in effect and I have ful time work rights.Hopefully, Time to make some money.

thank you

Lakhwinder Mavi

Edited by Mavi