Diploma required

Robbo281

So I'm short I have a company who is super keen to keep me and train me into a managerial role.

Only issue is I don't have enough qualifications or experience in a required field.

The he closest we found on the csol list was "maintenance planner".

now I cannot find a solid diploma for this exact job position. I can find certificates for a 5 day course on the subject.

If I was to acquire a diploma in project management, which isn't too far different job role, would this be sufficient?

Would the short course and certificate qualify when the job title is skill level 2?

It all depends on which visa you are talking about? Are you talking about a 457 employer sponsored visa? If so, then if you have enough work experience you may not need a diploma. But if you are talking about a skilled visa or an employer sponsored visa where a skills assessment is required then the requirements for that occupation for a skills assessment are:

Qualification/s assessed at least AQF Diploma level with a highly relevant field of study and at least one year of post-qualification

highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years;

OR

Qualification/s assessed at least AQF Diploma level with an additional qualification at least AQF Certificate IV in a highly relevant

field of study and at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the

last five years;

OR

Qualification/s assessed at least AQF Diploma level without a highly relevant field of study and at least two years of post qualification

highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years.

Note: For pre-qualification employment (if all of your employment is before your qualification assessed at the AQF diploma level),

three years of relevant employment in addition to at least one year of highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level completed

in the last five years.

It will be a employer 457 company sponsored.

my previous experience comes into helping but I don't consider it 3 years of relevant experience.

Im planning on taking a diploma in logistics to help secure my position.

The company is prepared to argue that I'm the man for the job (which I am) and they cannot get anyone else as suitable.

Archived