Form 80 and part time employment

Aussie25

I am about to lodge the visa.

I was filling form 80. I realized under employment section, they are asking to mention all type of employment whether paid or internship.

I have done a part time job for 6 months while studying full time Post Grad degree which is actually relevant to my nominated occupation i didnt indicate this in the EOI because i thought part time jobs are not counted for points. Inspite of that I still have other 8 years of Experience in my nominated occupation. My assessing authority is EA, I only did my skills assessment. I didnt go for Employment assessment because it was mentioned as optional.

The important thing is This part time employer is the same Employer i worked in India also. I worked in India for this employer for 3 years and I am claiming points for that.

My question is, should i indicate this part time job while filling the online immi visa form and select as not in nominated occupation. The reason i will give is since it is a part time job. The employer has already given a referral letter saying that it is a part time job with responsibilities which i am thinking to attach as supporting to document.

This applies to Form 80 also.

Can someone shed some thought or experience on part time jobs and filling form 80 related to this issue?.

Hi Aussie 25,

The Form 80 has to be completed as correctly as possible, so yes, you should list all employment in the Form 80, including part-time jobs and work that may not be relevant to your skilled occupation or the years of skilled work experience that you are claiming or have claimed on the EOI. It is not a problem if you did not include this work on the EOI.

The visa application (online) form asks "Has the applicant been employed in the last 10 years", so if that part-time employment was undertaken in the last 10 years yes you should list it. But under "Position" I would list it as Part-time [whatever the position is], and under "description of duties" I would mention that it was part-time.

Since it is only 6 months it doesn't matter if you say that it was or was not related to the nominated position. You just have to make sure that you do have the 8 years of skilled experience that you claimed on your EOI. So if the 6 months of part time work WAS related to your nominated occupation, it is ok to say yes, but since it was part-time it will not count anyway.

Basically, the most important rule is that you do not claim fewer points on the visa application than you claimed on your EOI. If you claim more points that is fine, but you cannot claim less. So do make sure that the 8 years that you claimed on the EOI are listed in exactly the same way on the visa application, and you will be fine.

I hope that makes sense?

Your reply is really making me feel relaxed.

Couple of other queries:

So I will proceed to indicate my part time employment in both ONLINE and FORM 80?

I dont have salary proof for part time employment. I only have Employer referral letter stating i did the part time job in the period xx to xx. What happens if the CO asks for proof of salary or something?

May I have your contact number please?

Yes you should but make sure that it is not being counted as your 8 years of employment.

Why would a case officer ask you to prove employment that you are indicating is not relevant and was not being counted in your points score?

My number can be found on our website http://www.sortoutmyvisa.com - I am not sure that I am allowed to post it up.

Your reply is really making me feel relaxed.

Couple of other queries:

So I will proceed to indicate my part time employment in both ONLINE and FORM 80?

I dont have salary proof for part time employment. I only have Employer referral letter stating i did the part time job in the period xx to xx. What happens if the CO asks for proof of salary or something?

May I have your contact number please?

Thank you for your prompt reply. Yesterday I tried reaching your contact number but it went through voice mail and I dropped a note as well.

I understand I need to provide proof of work experience from all employers (whether skilled or unskilled). To be clear, Can I attach a table summarizing all my work experiences and saying this part time job though under nominated occupation, was under part time?

Please also help me to shed some inputs on below query:

1. I am mechanical engineer claiming 8 years of work experience. My assessing authority was EA and of course I did my CDR, however I didn’t apply for employment assessment since it was mentioned as optional. I was told by my other friends I can proceed to do the submission as long as I have the document proof for 8 years of work experience claim (like payslip, bank stmt, employer referral, work experience cert, as mentioned in the document checklist). So I suppose this shouldn’t be a problem?

2. For my India employer where I am claiming 3 years of work experience, I don’t have tax form, but I have salary statement saying the date of credit of salary and amount and also referral letter from the employer. I am also attaching the bank statement as proof of their witness. Hope this shouldn’t be a problem too?

3. For my Singapore employer all documents mentioned above including tax stmt for 5 years is available. Hope this shouldn’t be any issue??

4. In the form 80, it asks for all tertiary education, do I have to give details of schoolings??

Appreciate your input as I am planning to lodge my visa ASAP. Please advise.

Regards

Hi again,

I am not your migration agent and I have not seen any of your documents so I cannot be specific in my replies, but the simple reply to your questions is: answer all of the questions that have been asked. And if you are claiming skilled work experience you have to have proof of that skilled work experience. References alone are not enough, they usually have to be backed up with evidence of pay, and that can be provided via payslips or bank statements showing pay. The documents you have mentioned below seem fine.

Don't forget, the Department can decide to get in touch with your employer or referees to double check that the information you have provided is genuine.

Best of luck!

Archived