Partner visa

craigash12

Hi there,

My partner has just submitted his EOI. We have been together 10 years, engaged for 6 years and have two children together. I am curious to know that if he is invited to apply for a visa, if not being married will cause any problems for us?

Thanks in advance [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My partner has just submitted his EOI. We have been together 10 years, engaged for 6 years and have two children together. I am curious to know that if he is invited to apply for a visa, if not being married will cause any problems for us?

You created the discussion under the heading 'Partner Visa'. This may have caused some confusion as the term 'Partner Visa' is normally reserved for those family based visas which allow an applicant to apply for a permanent visa (820/801, 309/100) as the de facto partner or spouse of an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident sponsor.

Presuming your partner has submitted an EOI and may be invited to apply for a visa under the Skilled Migration program:

Your partner is the main applicant (Primary Applicant) while you and your children are Secondary Applicants. You are eligible to be included in the application as secondary applicants as you are members of the primary applicant's family unit. Not being married will NOT cause problems if you are in an ongoing de facto relationship with your partner.

Archived