Retiree requirements help???

Thistle33

I am a retired 69 yr old single female with one son living in Sydney, with 2 remaining children still living in the UK, I would love to retire to Australia and would like any information on what my chances are, any help would be gratefully recieved regarding which visa I can go for if any and what other requirements might be needed, thanks.

There are visas available for parents of Aust Citizens or Permanent residents but applicants for these are subject to 'the balance of family test' which requires that you have at least half of all of your children living in Australia, and more of your children living in Australia than in any other country. You do not currently meet the balance of family test based on the information you have provided.

Retirees of eiigible age, with no dependents, with significant financial assets to invest in Australia, and significant independent income, can with State/territory sponsorship apply for an Investor Retirement Visa. See https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/405-

Otherwise you can apply for a Visitor Visa (subclass 600). Applicants have some flexibility in negotiating the travel period and length of stay.

Archived