chances of securing an ITA ? need expert opinion from MRA

Feejay

My point score in submitted EOI amounts to 60 (including 5 points for 190 state sponsorship) and 65 (including 10 points for 489 provisional regional sponsorship), however this point score doesn't include any points for work experience (even after having almost 6 years of work experience, my employer not willing to issue an experience letter) ;

In fact, I initially applied through mentioning experience and got 189 ITA, went through the whole procedure but HR refused to the DIBP calls due to which my 189 application got rejected and loads of money went down the drain, therefore this time I am willing to play clean by securing those 5 points by state sponsorship; I know 190 is a permanent visa and without experience it is not possible to 190 get invitation that's why my primary aim is to secure 489 ITA and move, then fetch a job and after an year or more file for permanent visa (887)

could any one tell me that what are my chances for securing an ITA for 190/489 category, I don't have any preference and willing to relocate anywhere (even at the low population suburban areas);

Thanks!

Hi Feejay -

It all depends on the particular state's policies and priorities - much of that is, unfortunately, unpublished. However a good resource is http://anzscosearch.com - they offer a free service showing the latest info on what occupations states are sponsoring including any additional occupation-specific requirements that a state may have. Re: 190 visa, unless a state requires work experience or your skills assessor does, there is no particular DIBP requirement for work experience for that visa if you can get the points you need (55 without state sponsorship points) otherwise.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

Thanks marky, that's bit of a help

could you help me suggesting any state sponsorship with my specifications as follows

Skill Assessment : Positive, Engineers Australia (Telecommunications Engineer ANZSCO 263311) (15 points)

IELTS : Proficient (All 7's L 8.5, R 7.5, W 7.0, S 7.5) (10 points)

Total 55 Points

:)

Thanks Marky;

I have thoroughly assessed eligibility criteria of all the state sponsorship and came to know that NSW state sponsorship specifically doesn't mention "Work experience" as its eligibility requirement.

Hence I made my EOI with respect to NSW state sponsorship (specifically mentioning NSW as the province seeking nomination from);

My point score is 60; However it was mentioned in the website that high ranked candidates would be invited first ;

So I assume it would be highly likely that a person with an age in maximum point bracket (30 points), competent English (all 6's in IELTS but 0 points), skill assessment (15 points) and minimum 5 years of experience (10 points) would be securing equal points as mine (55 points) but because of experience, he would much preferred to secure state nomination.

Though I am not willing to claim points due to my employer restriction, but still I have more than 6 years of experience in pocket so I was thinking to mention my experience in the experience column but not to claim work experience points by letting "relevant experience" checkbox remain unchecked. I think it would give a good impression as I am not a new-bie but possess experience.

Do you think it would give me an edge and maximize my chances of securing NSW state sponsorship?

Edited by Feejay