Rural Townsville - best areas

Lisa Anne Pope

Hi - we are moving to Townsville and arrive on 31st August. Does anyone on here know about any of the rural areas just outside Townsville for living. I have been looking at Alligator Creek and Mount Margaret (Alice River) - we don't want to be too far away and not somewhere that might flood easily. Just something a bit different with more room than suburbia.

Thanks.

Well well it's not exactly rural as everything is close to the highway and still quite suburban. I'm currently living in north ward but hopeing to move out to bushland beach in July.

alligator creek is nice, as is bushland (but more built up and lower). Don't know about mount Margaret. But if you want 'rural' you may need to go out of town further. As for flooding it's much less likely in Tsv than further north but definitely a factor. New areas are coming under development all the time. It just depends how rural you want.

Rent first and have a look.

Hi - we are moving to Townsville and arrive on 31st August. Does anyone on here know about any of the rural areas just outside Townsville for living. I have been looking at Alligator Creek and Mount Margaret (Alice River) - we don't want to be too far away and not somewhere that might flood easily. Just something a bit different with more room than suburbia.

Thanks.