Partner skills for Assessment

Titan2

Hello All!

I stand at 55 points right now before I am eligible for 189 visa. My wife did bachelors in Telecommunications engineering and then went for masters program. She was teaching during her masters program and now has 4 years experience too. So basically she has undergraduate degree plus masters degree with 4 years teaching experience.

How should I go about and claim 5 points for partner skills?? Please guide me on this so I can get her skills assessed. Would she be required to submit a CDR or is there any way around where she can get points for experience.

Thanks and Regards

Titan2

Thanks OZConnect for replying!!

I clicked Other factors to see they asked Competent English and suitable skills assessment. My wife already took IELTS and scored 7 minimum in each band. Now she is writing a CDR. Can we both fill separate EOIs to see who gets invited first ?? AFterwards we can fill an application jointly.

Thanks

Guest Guest115110

You have to wait until you receive an outcome for her skills assessment before separating an EOI. What is your points breakup for the 55 points? There is no cost for filling out the EOI however, it is an important step as it needs to be filled out correctly. Also, teaching experience during your partner's master's may not necessarily be considered valid for points purposes if she was paid a stipend.

You have to wait until you receive an outcome for her skills assessment before separating an EOI. What is your points breakup for the 55 points? There is no cost for filling out the EOI however, it is an important step as it needs to be filled out correctly. Also, teaching experience during your partner's master's may not necessarily be considered valid for points purposes if she was paid a stipend.

My points breakup

Age-30

Education-15

IELTS-10

She has the same points breakup after she gets her skills assessed by EA.

Can I fill an EOI for 60 points including 5 points for partner skills while in the meantime she gets her assessment done so I can be invited to apply for visa or I have to wait for assessment. Kindly clear my doubts regarding this!!

Archived