Contractor working abroad but living UK-police checks?

chan8180

Hello a reply on another tread has got me thinking,we are applying for 189 I'm a nurse straightforward case and hubby is a contractor who does security in Afghanistan on 8 week rotations. As he doesn't live there he lives at home I haven't applied for police checks there, only a UK one which didnt raise anything as expected for either of us. So I've put in EOI and will front load police checks at the time of lodging.

My worry is, should I have applied for police checks in afghan? Will they count his trips as accumulative so in theory has spent 12 months in afghan even though wasn't living there? Or does it only count if he has address and is thought to be residing there? I can't imagine how difficult it will be to get police checks from

afghanistan !!

Should I raise and submit F80 in anticipation, or will this cause unnessary delays by raising this issue when they may not even have asked for it in the first place?

Anyone been in similar situation and can advise?

Thank you

Normally the answer would be yes. However Afghanistan is not listed as a country where you can obtain a PCC from.

See this link https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Char and scroll down to the bit that says 'What if a certificate is not available?'

It's practically guaranteed that you'd be asked for Form 80 because of the travel to Afghanistan, so I would definitely make a start on it if I were you.

Normally the answer would be yes. However Afghanistan is not listed as a country where you can obtain a PCC from.

See this link https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Char and scroll down to the bit that says 'What if a certificate is not available?'

It's practically guaranteed that you'd be asked for Form 80 because of the travel to Afghanistan, so I would definitely make a start on it if I were you.

Oh god can see this being a headache lol! Thank you your reply, my hubby is over there and is going to have a chat with the British embassy tomorrow to see if they can assist. Most things can be done over there with a fee so fingers crossed he may get the ball rolling and in the meantime I'll contact the Australian embassy here and see what they suggest?

can I ask how will his travel be flagged up for a form 80? do you declare jobs and travel when you lodge? What flags up a requirement for a form 80? Some get requested to do one, others get visa without having to?

Archived