Re applying for a Travel visa when previously declined

canadian

Hello,

A few months back i applied for a years travel visa for Australia. I accidentally checked that i had a criminal record. I did not notice this till i was already on my way over to Australia and was questioned by the immigration's office to supply a criminal record check. I have applied to receive my criminal record check so that i am able to provide this for them but it has taken to long to come and i have now received an email saying i have been officially declined due to lack of evidence and must re apply. Does anyone know if i just apply for the visa again and check all the correct boxes this time and then check that i have never applied for this before if its a computer automated and just automatically accept's people who had supplied all the correct answers for the visa ( this is what happened for my friends as 5 of us have come together all of them were approved within 10 minutes as they all checked the correct boxes) or if i will be flagged and then it more inclined to be declined because they will see i have already applied. I have everything coming in the mail it just will take at least one month for this all to go through and i no longer have the funds to support myself or to travel all the way to Canada.

Thank you

Hello,

A few months back i applied for a years travel visa for Australia. I accidentally checked that i had a criminal record. I did not notice this till i was already on my way over to Australia and was questioned by the immigration's office to supply a criminal record check. I have applied to receive my criminal record check so that i am able to provide this for them but it has taken to long to come and i have now received an email saying i have been officially declined due to lack of evidence and must re apply. Does anyone know if i just apply for the visa again and check all the correct boxes this time and then check that i have never applied for this before if its a computer automated and just automatically accept's people who had supplied all the correct answers for the visa ( this is what happened for my friends as 5 of us have come together all of them were approved within 10 minutes as they all checked the correct boxes) or if i will be flagged and then it more inclined to be declined because they will see i have already applied. I have everything coming in the mail it just will take at least one month for this all to go through and i no longer have the funds to support myself or to travel all the way to Canada.

Thank you

I would say that it's a good idea to tick all the correct boxes to provide the most accurate information, including the fact that you have applied before. Providing incorrect information would give immigration cause to decline your application again. But also have the police clearance in hand in case you are flagged.

Archived