Fitter general assessor and how to get evidence for skills assessment

Needtoknow

Hi we have been told by an agent that a skills assessment for this trade (fitter) will be done by Vetassess, but it says on the SOL list that it is done by TRA.

Can anyone advise which is correct please and what the difference is?

We also can't trace the companies worked for over the past 10 years as they no longer exist. We have been advised to get HM Revenue records as evidence but we can't get any other info such as payslips as they have all been thrown out over the years. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi we have been told by an agent that a skills assessment for this trade (fitter) will be done by Vetassess, but it says on the SOL list that it is done by TRA.

Can anyone advise which is correct please and what the difference is?

We also can't trace the companies worked for over the past 10 years as they no longer exist. We have been advised to get HM Revenue records as evidence but we can't get any other info such as payslips as they have all been thrown out over the years. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

have you been self-employed for that time??

No. For the past 2 years he has and still is currently employed as and on the job maintenance manager (can prove fitter work in this job). For 3 years or so before that he was self employed as a builder and the previous 8 years was a fitter position. Before that, he did his apprenticeship as a fitter, but that company no longer exists either :(

1993 NVQ Level 3 (Mechanical maintenance engineering)

1997 NVQ Level 3 (Electrical installation and testing)

2009 17th edition wiring regulation certificate

2008 HNC in mechanical engineering

2007 NEBOSH safety certificate

Copied and pasted from CV. HMRC said they would send letter verifying his work, but this is only 1 piece of evidence and they ask for 2 for EACH year worked!

My husband has passed his assessment as a fitter and did his through the http://www.downundercentre.com/ they are a register RTO with the TRA. They were really helpful and quick. We used P60's. payslip and any training certificateS for evidence. We also got work references and completed a self declaration. He passed the skills assessment and he got recognition of prior learning so has now been awarded an Australian qualification in his field ready for when we move.

My husband has passed his assessment as a fitter and did his through the http://www.downundercentre.com/ they are a register RTO with the TRA. They were really helpful and quick. We used P60's. payslip and any training certificateS for evidence. We also got work references and completed a self declaration. He passed the skills assessment and he got recognition of prior learning so has now been awarded an Australian qualification in his field ready for when we move.

Well done as it is so hard. What does RTO stand for? Who decided it was to go through them?

RTO - is Registered training organisations. We are using an agent for our visa so they told us to go through the down under centre. They are really helpful, if you gave them a call i am sure they will help you with some advice of what documents to provide. As with you most of my husband's former employers are no longer trading, we had to declare this and managed to get some of his old supervisors to do the statements for us.

I also went to the down under centre. Highly recommed them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm new to this forum and hope to be in the right place.

I'm after some advice on vetassess technical interview.

I am attending a interview for Fitter General and would like to know if any

one has attended this assessment and what to expect and type of questions.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

James, im in the middle of putting my paperwork folder together for Fitter (General) also. I would be very interested to hear what kind of questions you are asked. Im just guessing here but im thinking that it'll be mainly based around the skills that they ask you to provide evidence for i.e fitting mechanical seals, bearings etc

My husband did his last year and passed. The interview was for about half an hour and he was just asked about the different machines, measuring equipment, and tools he had used. He was asked something about each questions on each section of the Tradeset report and the areas he did not have experience of he just told them. It was more to gain clarification of what he had worked with rather than testing his knowledge of the trade. We had provided an extensive work history and in his references had listed the details of all areas of his jobs, what he produced and the machinery used. We also provided pictures where possible of the machinery he worked on. Hope this helps, and good luck.

• 1 year later...

Archived