Medical/189 visa

brunettegal84

Dear all,

I have received an email from DIBP requesting for more information.... Immigration Health Examination. Does this mean all other documents which I've uploaded are okay?

I have arranged my medical for this Friday 29th. On the eMedical History for Australia and Canada, it states at the bottom

FOR AUSTRALIAN VISA APPLICANTS ONLY

FOR TEMPORARY VISAS ONLY: Do you intend a permanent stay in Australia?

If yes, would you like your health to be assessed 'up front' for a permanent stay in Australia.

I am applying for the 189 visa, is this classed as a temporary visa since it only lasts 5 years? It might be a silly question but I'm a bit confused.

Thanks in advance :)

Dear all,

I have received an email from DIBP requesting for more information.... Immigration Health Examination. Does this mean all other documents which I've uploaded are okay?

I have arranged my medical for this Friday 29th. On the eMedical History for Australia and Canada, it states at the bottom

If yes, would you like your health to be assessed 'up front' for a permanent stay in Australia.

I am applying for the 189 visa, is this classed as a temporary visa since it only lasts 5 years? It might be a silly question but I'm a bit confused.

The 189 is a permanent visa.

The visa allows free movement in and out for only 5 years, but if you never leave the country then you can stay forever.

After the 5 years if you wish to leave the country and return, then you can either apply for a resident return visa which effectively extends the 189, or apply for citizenship.

You've just been sent a template letter to suit all.

Reading between the lines it's basically telling you to get your medicals done.

Receiving this letter doesn't mean that all of your other documents are ok, but it is a very good indicator unless they've asked for anything else.

The 189 is a permanent visa.

The visa allows free movement in and out for only 5 years, but if you never leave the country then you can stay forever.

After the 5 years if you wish to leave the country and return, then you can either apply for a resident return visa which effectively extends the 189, or apply for citizenship.

You've just been sent a template letter to suit all.

Reading between the lines it's basically telling you to get your medicals done.

Receiving this letter doesn't mean that all of your other documents are ok, but it is a very good indicator unless they've asked for anything else.

Thank you for your quick reply. Hopefully the results of my medical won't take too long! Fingers crossed all other documents are okay :)

Thank you for your quick reply. Hopefully the results of my medical won't take too long! Fingers crossed all other documents are okay :)

Most of the approved panel doctors have an online emedical account, so the report is usually uploaded by the doctor to the system within a couple of days.

Dear all,

Hi All,

I have got the an email from DIBP asking for supporting documents for my employment. I have replied to it with the necessary documents but now I dont know what is the next stage of reviewing. I have submitted medicals and PCC on 15th Dec 15. Any idea how much longer will it take to get the 189 PR done?

Thanks a Bunch!

Hi All,

I have got the an email from DIBP asking for supporting documents for my employment. I have replied to it with the necessary documents but now I dont know what is the next stage of reviewing. I have submitted medicals and PCC on 15th Dec 15. Any idea how much longer will it take to get the 189 PR done?

Thanks a Bunch!

Hi giri,

I'm not sure how long it takes, it's different for everyone. Is that the first time you have heard from DIBP? My medical results should be uploaded this Friday. Hopefully everything else I have uploaded is okay! It's just a waiting game!

Hi giri,

I'm not sure how long it takes, it's different for everyone. Is that the first time you have heard from DIBP? My medical results should be uploaded this Friday. Hopefully everything else I have uploaded is okay! It's just a waiting game!

Hello!

Usually they seem to ask for some documents once all the certificates are uploaded. For me it's almost been 2 months since I last heard from DIBP. This is what is keeping me anxious.

Archived