Moving to Central Coast

sk1221

Hi everyone. This is my first time posting after getting a lot of great information from the forums. So thanks very much :) We are leaving Scotland on Tuesday to move to the Terrigal with our nearly 3 year old daughter. I just wanted to ask if there was anyone in that area with children the same age? My husband will be working full time and I'd like to try and meet some other mums if possible? Also any information regarding the best place to look for part time admin/customer service jobs would be great :) thanks very much

• 2 weeks later...

We don't know. We did a reccie in 2014 and liked lots of areas there. Why did you choose Terrigal? There is a Facebook group 'central coast expats'. It's not very active but I'm sure lots of people on there will be able to help. How are you finding it so far?

My husbands job was here!! Yeah I joined the FB page a few weeks ago so should really post on it at some point...Starting to really enjoy it now that I'm finding my feet. Starting little one in an occasional day care in next few weeks so I can get job hunting properly :)

• 1 month later...

We went up there for a look around and it looks very nice.

We went to a few places, including Terrigal and Avoca Beach is pretty awesome. It's as nice as any I've seen here really, up there with the likes of Avalon and Palm beach. We were amazed that we could take our dog places and not just a dog field (including most of the beaches, except there the flags are etc

Whilst it's not 'cheap' it's cheaper than Sydney. If we stay and buy that's the kind of place we'd like. So much more chilled than Sydney. No road ragers and no 'rat race' feeling.

The only problem is that the commute looks a bit of a push. Trains probably better than car, but not great. Does anyone do this kind of commute?

Archived