Partner sub class 309 visa application/case officer assignment

KWordySunSeeker

Hi there.

I have just joined up to Poms in Oz as I recently (21/09/15) lodged my application for a partner sub class 309 visa and am interested to hear from anyone who is going through the same process.

Looking on here I see some people were assigned a case officer within a month or two of their application being lodged. I contacted my migration agent to see when I may be assigned a case officer and I was informed that it would be around 10 months taking my visa being granted around the 1 year mark!

How long have you all waited for to be assigned a case officer?

Hello and welcome :)

First up, we have this ongoing thread that most people post partner visa stuff in

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats.html

Second, off shore from London is taking 10-14 months form lodging to grant and you generally don't hear from a CO for a few months, sometimes longer. This is usually to ask you to undertake medical and police check around the 6 month mark (after lodging). If they require any further evidence or documents they will inform you and give you 28 days or some such to provide them.

Do you have a tricky case or is it straightforward? Not many people opt for a migration agent for a partner visa. Some do, usually if they have a tricky application, perhaps a criminal record or medical issue but for most, so long as the relationship is genuine and you provide all the required evidence etc its simple enough. Just a long wait. Sit tight, it will come round eventually.

My one big piece of advice is don't get hung up on grant date. You'll see some people lodge after you get granted sooner perhaps, there is no exact order to the queue, but once lodged you are in there somewhere and work to the 10-14 months and it'll be fine. Then if it comes sooner its a bonus is how I look at it :)

Thank you. Sorry it took so long to reply. I'm still trying to work it all out! Lol.

Thank you for the advice. All is fairly straight forward, no criminal record or medical issues. I chose to use a migration agent as my partner used them for his a few years ago and as I just thought any extra guidance would be good.

I know every case seems to be different and I need to relax a little and wait to hear further. I am just eager to know when it is likely I will be able to join my partner. His visa runs out in March so he needs to get out to Australia by then and is looking to leave the UK around the end of February. It looking very unlikely that ill be joining before September!!! I will just have to enjoy a couple of long holidays there in the meantime!! :-)

i understand if I go earlier on a tourist/working visa before mine and my children's visas are granted that I will need to leave the country for my visa to be granted and also my children will be classed as international students and schooling will need to be paid for? I may look in to this further as if it is something that may be possible it could be worth considering?

I will take a look at the link you provided above to see what else could be useful. Thanks again.

Archived