ACS Employment assessment question

natoskiii

Hi,

I have a friend of mine who got ACS reply as follows

The following employment after December 2009 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261112 (Systems Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 10/03 - 03/05 (1yrs 6mths)

Position: System Analyst

Employer: XXX

Dates: 05/05 - 11/08 (3yrs 6mths)

Employer: YYY

Dates: 12/08 - 11/15 (6yrs 11mths)

Position: Project Lead

Employer: ZZZ

so the question now

1) When filling the EOI, shall he add only the last employment resulting in 6 years experience or shall he add all his employments and getting the 10 years?

2) His Bachelor is not related to IT (He has bachelor of Law), by this ASC reply does this mean that he will take the 15 points of bachelor qualification? Or does he need to assess it from another authority?

Thanks,

Nadine

Hi,

I have a friend of mine who got ACS reply as follows

The following employment after December 2009 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261112 (Systems Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 10/03 - 03/05 (1yrs 6mths)

Employer: XXX

Dates: 05/05 - 11/08 (3yrs 6mths)

Employer: YYY

Dates: 12/08 - 11/15 (6yrs 11mths)

Position: Project Lead

Employer: ZZZ

so the question now

1) When filling the EOI, shall he add only the last employment resulting in 6 years experience or shall he add all his employments and getting the 10 years?

2) His Bachelor is not related to IT (He has bachelor of Law), by this ASC reply does this mean that he will take the 15 points of bachelor qualification? Or does he need to assess it from another authority?

Thanks,

Nadine

I moved your post to its own thread.

You should only claim employment experience for the last 10 years immediately preceding the date of application. So if you submitted the EOI today then the period is from 17/12/2005 to today.

However, ACS has stated in the letter that the relevant employment is only from December 2009 so that is the date that you should start counting from. So by my reckoning based on your post, it will be 6 years of relevant experience.

ACS can't assess a bachelors degree in another field....I believe this can be done through VETASSESS but don't quote me on that.

I moved your post to its own thread.

ACS can't assess a bachelors degree in another field....I believe this can be done through VETASSESS but don't quote me on that.

Thanks for your support as always!

so the question now if we r using ACS to assess the working years of experience and vetassess to asses the bachelor degree, which assessing authority should we be referring to in the skills assessment screen when submitting the EOI?

Also for the "Does the client have a suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority" question, should we answer as yes and choose ACS?

I assume that it should be ACS and I believe that no vetassess related information will be needed for the EOI and that he will gain the 15 points for qualification when submitting the EOI, but the vetassess documents might be needed in the Visa step. Is my assumption is valid?

The selection must be the assessing authority for the nominated occupation, so in this instance it will be ACS.

Yes your assumption is correct, providing your friend has the degree assessed prior to submitting the EOI and has the letter from the assessing authority.

All evidence for points must be valid the at point of submitting an EOI.

But why can't he submit the EOI and wait for the vetassess reply in parallel since no reference to vetasses exist in the EOI? I mean this might be valid for the ACS since you already provide the reference number.

I think nothing wrong with this approach right? Just to save some time.

Do they check in the Visa published documents, their dates whether it's pre or after the EOI submission?

Do they check in the Visa published documents, their dates whether it's pre or after the EOI submission?

That's exactly what they do, and there have been many visa refusals because of it.

When you submit an EOI, you are making a legal declaration that you are entitled, at that moment, to all of the points that you are claiming.

Thanks CaptainC, ok will do that.

Now when submitting to vetassess, for the application type, which one should be chosen if you can support on that

1) Skills Assessment (GSM, ENS, RSMS, 457, 485)

2) Points Test Advice Only (Skills Assessment with another Assessment Authority)

Thanks CaptainC, ok will do that.

Now when submitting to vetassess, for the application type, which one should be chosen if you can support on that

1) Skills Assessment (GSM, ENS, RSMS, 457, 485)

2) Points Test Advice Only (Skills Assessment with another Assessment Authority)

Surely it would be number 2, as ACS is the assessing authority, not vetassess.

Archived