time for defacto to complete

paganbronze

Hi, newbie here, we put my defacto app in on June 29th and have been told 10 to 14 months is the average, has anyone experienced anything different?

That is about right. You applied before the July price increase by the looks of it as did a lot of other people.

It can come through a bit quicker but what I always say to people is if you've been told 10-14 months, work to that don't assume or sit hanging on your email for months on end hoping its going to come sooner. If it does happen that it gets granted a few weeks sooner, fab, but if it doesn't then you are not left feeling upset or that you have been passed over. Also don't go quitting your job or booking flights for earlier or in hope the visa will be granted bang on 10 months. They are very clear you should make no big life changes till you actually have the visa granted. Of course, many ignore this but its at their own risk should the visa then take the full 14 months to grant say.

Ah, I guess it what a busy time for applications at that time

It always is before a price increase. But that hasn't altered the timeframe you were given. Its been 10-14 months for quite a long time now.

Archived