STATUTORY DECLARATIONS AND AFFIDAVITS - Reference Help?

Newbie65

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone on here may be able to advise, I'm getting my documents together for a skills assessment to send to the Australian Computer Society (ACS) for my 189 independent visa... Now, i can't ask my direct manager for a reference as i fear it will put my job in jeopardy. Instead i have asked a senior colleague and mentor who trained me up initially, but he is leaving the company at the end of December for a new role. He has agreed to sign whatever I need.

I have been looking through the ACS guidelines and want to ensure I get this reference properly. If I get the reference on letter headed paper with his signature and forwarding contact details incase the want to contact him after december will this be OK? I will also include a photocopy of his ID badge. My agent thinks it will be fine, but i want to be 100% sure as the guidelines mention something about a possible 'affidavit or statutory declaration' if it's not from my direct manager - which would mean having to have it witnessed by a legal standard and not getting it signed within work hours...:skeptical:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Archived