Contracting through limited company work experience evidence

Zac Holt

Hi All,

I'm looking to emigrate to Aus with my family as soon as possible,

For my profession, the ACS require a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience, to which I have the following:

Permanent Roles

Company A - 15 months

Company B - 3 months

Contracting through own limited company

Company C - 4 months

Company D - 2 months

Company E - 3 months+ (current)

Simple addition shows that I have more than the required 2 years relevant post qualification experience.

My problem is that I will not be able to obtain the required duty references from Company C and Company D, due to a conflict of opinions with the manager of Company C (resulting in the contract finishing 1 month earlier than agreed) and illness whilst at Company D.

All three contracts have been through the same agency, who are willing to complete a duty reference for me for the full period that I was at C, D and E. Would this be acceptable? Technically I do work for the agency, who then contract me out to the companies.

From previously speaking with ACS in May, This was their response from me asking:

Since February, I have been working as a contractor via my own Limited Company in the UK. At the time when I will be submitting my assessment, I will have had two, four-month contracts, with two UK based companies. For each contract/company, what evidence do you require?

If you are self-employed you will need to provide the following;

Self-employed or Freelance applicants can submit a formal Statutory Declaration containing:

 commencement and completion dates of your self-employment

 the occupation of employment and the capacity in which self-employed

 nature and content of the work you performed

 number of staff employed and their occupations.

Please include the following documentation:

 business registration certificates covering each period of self-employment

 a statement on a letterhead from your accountant or legal representative certifying the name and nature of your business

 Statements from your clients with details of the work performed and dates.

As mentioned, I won't be able to obtain the latter statement from client, would i instead be able to use the statement from the agency?

Thanks

Archived