It's finally all coming together!!!

Sarahb1986

Hi everyone,

So I just wanted to share a post on thoughts and feelings with just a few days until we depart!!

This dream of emigrating has been in talks for about 5 years with myself and my husband.

My husband, a qualified nurse, and me, a food product developer.

We started the visa process in December 2014, using an emigration agent. Looking back, we now wish we had just done the visa ourselves, as they weren't particularly helpful.

Things, in the beginning, happened pretty quickly, we got our EOI picked up within a week, submitted our visa on the 24th June, CO assigned 28th August, then the agonising wait until our visa was granted 2nd November ?

Its funny, how long you wait for that moment, when you get that visa granted you have waited so long for, the immense pleasure and excitement that comes over you is overwhelming. Then the nerves and anxiety set in, 'this is all really happening' running through your head.

Boxes have been packed up, ready to collect this Friday, suitcases have been packed, goodbyes have been said (and are still ongoing), there have been tears and laughter.

There will be a sad goodbye to our gorgeous border collie, Kai, who will be joining us in a couple of months and flys from the UK on the 27th Jaunary, a very expensive process, but totally worth it when we get him to his new life.

Then there are the goodbyes to our family, it's difficult to express that feeling, as sometimes it can be difficult to process. As it is us saying goodbye and jetting off to the excitement and newness, we are leaving them behind in a place were we will no longer be. I can't wait for the day they all come to visit, and I know we won't be able to get rid of them over there!!

I can honestly say this has been the most emotional, stressful, exciting time of our lives and I'm so glad it is finally happening. When we step on that plane this Sunday to fly off to our new adventure it will all be worth it and very real.

Good luck to you all still going through the process, already living the dream or just considering it.

Sarah

Well done Sarah. Safe flying and all the best for your new adventure. Whereabouts in Oz are you heading for?

Thank you!

We fly into Melbourne, but a potential we may end up in Perth in a few weeks as I am at the final stages of a job interview! We shall see! Nothing set in stone, just going to see what happens!

Archived