Just moved to Varsity Lakes/Robina and don't know a soul.

Suzi

Hi there,

I've just moved with my family from South Sydney to Varsity Lakes/Robina area. We are having friendship withdrawal leaving Sydney and would love to meet some families locally. I'm in my early 40's and our son is 7 and daughter is 5. We moved from Edinburgh 3 years ago but found the Sydney property market too steep for us, hence the move here. If there's anyone around who fancies a meet up please let me know,

Cheers, Suzi.

Hi suzi, we are moving over in January. My friend lives in varsity lakes and her son is in prep/year 1 at varsity.

hows things? My kids are 9,7(soon to be 8) and 6. Will catch up in jan /Feb when we arrive if that is good for you?

im from Falkirk originally and been in Glasgow for a number of years..

Hi Ip77, that would be lovely. Can you PM me when you get over and we can meet up? My dad lives in Larbert and we are visiting family in Scotland this Christmas and we are back mid-Jan. See you in 2016. Exciting times for you!

Hi Ip77, that would be lovely. Can you PM me when you get over and we can meet up? My dad lives in Larbert and we are visiting family in Scotland this Christmas and we are back mid-Jan. See you in 2016. Exciting times for you!

its a small world, will send you pm. enjoy your trip home, we leave here on jan 4th.. scary how much to do ...

I went to St Mungo's, will possibly work out we know some people mutually

Lx

My dad lives there but I never really did. I'm Australian born from Scots/Irish parents and moved to Scotland when I was 15 (and briefly from 2-4yrs of age). My Scottish hubby and I came backpacking to Oz in 2002 for a year and we always said we'd come back when we had kids to settle...so here we are 3 years post big move. We joke that I'm a Scozzie now. Safe trip x

• 1 month later...
Hi there,

I've just moved with my family from South Sydney to Varsity Lakes/Robina area. We are having friendship withdrawal leaving Sydney and would love to meet some families locally. I'm in my early 40's and our son is 7 and daughter is 5. We moved from Edinburgh 3 years ago but found the Sydney property market too steep for us, hence the move here. If there's anyone around who fancies a meet up please let me know,

Cheers, Suzi.

Hey Suzi,

We're in Robina. Meet up for a drink in the New Year. We're just about to go back to the UK for 3 weeks holiday but catch up when we get back.

• 1 month later...

Hi Suzi

We (Hubby and two girls 13 & 9) from Edinburgh are moving to the Gold Coast next Wednesday and can't wait would have been sooner but other half insisted on seeing the last Scotland v England rugby match and Edinburgh Derby before he was leaving!! We have been looking online at houses around Varsity Lakes/Robina as I will be studying at Southern Cross Uni. Would be great to meet up as I have never been to this part of Oz before.

Any hints, tips or advice would be much appreciated.

Hi Suzi

We (Hubby and two girls 13 & 9) from Edinburgh are moving to the Gold Coast next Wednesday and can't wait would have been sooner but other half insisted on seeing the last Scotland v England rugby match and Edinburgh Derby before he was leaving!! We have been looking online at houses around Varsity Lakes/Robina as I will be studying at Southern Cross Uni. Would be great to meet up as I have never been to this part of Oz before.

Any hints, tips or advice would be much appreciated.

Exciting times lynste! and I bet you are maxed out getting ready right now. Where are you staying initially when you touch down?

Archived