Odds on getting a successful RPL from ACS if my job is only slightly related to IT?

nomad1c

I've been working in accounting departments (accounts receivable, payable etc) for the last 8 years, usually in a managerial/supervisor role. Over the years I've been learning coding on the job, mostly PHP, ASP (and vbScript). In my two main jobs I have created scripts, programs, and macros to generate reports, analysis etc. Sometimes even parts of client-facing websites, or internal tools for our use.

I'm desperate to get PR in Australia, but the only job on the skills list that I remotely fit into is "ICT Business Analyst" (261111). For the RPL I think I can give two very compelling case studies on projects that fit into this job description. However, I cannot say that my work has been 100% ICT related, given that most of the day-to-day was accounting related. I did spend a lot of time programming, but not 100%.

Is it possible for me to still qualify for an RPL in these circumstances? Or is it only for dedicated IT employees? My degree is totally unrelated to IT.

Any advice would be appreciated

From ACS Skills assessment guide, section 10 (Employment):

"At least 65% of the duties detailed in the employment reference must be relevant to the nominatedoccupation for the experience to be deemed closely related to the nominated occupation (ANZSCO)."

Does that help?

Archived