Stage 1 - Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300,309/100,820/801)

Dar Kavanagh

Stage 1 - Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300,309/100,820/801)

Hi, My partner and I are about to embark on a Partner visa. Has anyone done this before? I can't seem to find much info on the online application. Is the Australian Citizen supposed to fill this out this application or my Irish partner? Just seems confusing from the get go

Also

Current off shore processing time in the UK is between 10-14 months. You may hear little to nothing from your CO apart from the request to do medical and provide police check. This is normal and not something to worry about.

Do not undertake medical or send of for your police check until requested by a CO. This is, for London off shore applications currently around the 6 month mark after lodging.

Ensure you have all your other supporting evidence, stat decs etc when you apply.

You as the sponsor will need proof of residency in the UK (either visa or citizenship), plus your birth cert, Aus passport etc.

We have a longstanding partner thread here http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats-1250.html

You need to be reading the link I gave in my first post, the partner visa migration booklet and all the application forms. Print them all off, make notes in the PDF, cross out parts that don't apply etc and read it again. Its pretty straightforward (one of the most of all the ones to apply for tbh) and you need to get your head round it before you do anything else.

Archived