TRA application queries

retroboy

Hi everyone... newbie here hoping to get a bit of advice regarding my TRA application.

I've been gathering my necessary documents together for my TRA application and I'm getting concerned that the evidence I have to support my paid employment is rather sparse.

I have been living and working in Dubai for the past five years... meaning no tax records. All I have are a salary certificate, monthly pay slips, and bank statements showing income deposited. Is this likely to be sufficient?

My employment prior to moving to Dubai was not relevant to my nominated occupation.

Additionally, my banking is all online, so my bank statements are all home-printed. Is this likely to be a problem?

Finally, given that I am applying myself (not using a migration agent,) how do I get documents certified while in the UK?

All advice welcome. Thanks

Hi

The Applicant's Guidelines from TRA (beside the ones from DIBP) are essential for starting the immigration process:

http://www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au/Programs/Offshore/Documents/OSAP%20Applicant%20Guidelines%20v5.0.pdf

I believe most of your current and upcoming doubts will be clarified.

They distinguish primary and secondary sources of evidence for work experience. As far as I know salary certificates and pay slips are primary sources which means you don't need anything else to support the paid character of your work.

But you still need a reference letter from your employer.

You don't need a migration agent to get your copies certified. The list of officials who could certify your copies is available both on TRA and DIBP websites.

Yes, you've got to read all it by yourself :GEEK:

No need for the smart aleck remark; I have already read all the guidelines, I just thought that with this being a forum visited by people who have been through the process, someone may be able to offer some individual advice/reassurance.

Hi Retroboy

Welcome to the forum!

I too submitted printed bank statements as I'm a 21st century kinda guy! These shouldn't be a problem. What I also did, to make it easier for the TRA Case Officer, was highlight all my paid income relevant to my nominated occupation.

I submitted all my tax records, certificates relevant to the nominated occupation, employer references, syllabus' for my qualifications too.

If you get stuck with anything, just give me a shout and I'll try my best to steer you in the right direction!

Hi PomCop, thanks for the reply.

Did you send certified copies of your home printed bank statements? It seems a little pointless since they're home printed but I guess it's best not to take any chances.

My main concern is that without any tax records, I feel that my evidence of employment all seems a little "samey" (for want of a better word.) With only one period of employment since obtaining my qualification, it feels like I'm submitting the same few documents for each of the five years I worked, with just different dates on... and while it still complies (I think!) with TRA's guidelines of two secondary sources, I can't help but worry when it's such a lot of money to lose if the application is rejected.

I guess only time will tell. Still waiting for my employment statement, so I can't submit the application until I get that anyway.

Archived