british pasport

gazz

my british passport is running out in jan, here as a permanant res, also my spouse visa has ran out any one know the best way to tackle this wanting to go back to uk 2016 for a holiday, will be able to leave oz ok but not get back in

If your spouse visa has expired you'll need to apply for a returning resident visa to get back into Australia, or if eligible then you could apply for citizenship. Not sure of the wait time for citizenship but you could possibly have it before you leave for your holiday to the UK.

You can still apply for a British Passport while in Australia.

Agree with the above. Your PR spouse visa hasn't run out, its PR, its indefinite. What has expired is the timeframe within which you can come and go from Aus without a RVR.

Ensure you get your RVR before you depart Aus as you'll be rather stuffed to get back in without it.

You'll need to inform them of your new passport details too iirc.

If you plan on remaining in Aus I can't see why you don't apply for citizenship. Although doing so now may not give you enough time to get it all sorted before a trip to the UK.