Commonwealth government debt and PR visa

Komalami

Hi guys I had applied for PR in aus and now came to kno that I have some commonwealth government debt on me so before I get my PR I have to clear the debt so I did paid 25% of the debt payment that is required by government before they can make my payment plan

but now I came to know That immi hold my visa because of this reason and now they contcting debt depart my about it but no sign yet

so my question is do I have to pay full to get a visa or what ???

Hi guys I had applied for PR in aus and now came to kno that I have some commonwealth government debt on me so before I get my PR I have to clear the debt so I did paid 25% of the debt payment that is required by government before they can make my payment plan

but now I came to know That immi hold my visa because of this reason and now they contcting debt depart my about it but no sign yet

so my question is do I have to pay full to get a visa or what ???

I suppose that you'll have to wait and see. I doubt that anyone here will know the answer in your case.

The department doesn't look kindly on debtors to the Australian Government, so I would reckon that you'd have to clear the whole debt before you get the PR.

@Komalami

Just did a quick Google search and found Public Interest Criterion (PIC) 4004, which appears to be a mandatory criteria that must be met when considering issuing a visa to a person.

It says: The applicant does not have outstanding debts to the Commonwealth unless the Minister is satisfied that appropriate arrangements have been made for payment.

To me, this means that some arrangement must be made to guarantee that the government will get the money. Or, that it is paid in full first.

@Komalami

Just did a quick Google search and found Public Interest Criterion (PIC) 4004, which appears to be a mandatory criteria that must be met when considering issuing a visa to a person.

It says: The applicant does not have outstanding debts to the Commonwealth unless the Minister is satisfied that appropriate arrangements have been made for payment.

To me, this means that some arrangement must be made to guarantee that the government will get the money. Or, that it is paid in full first.

Thanks I did actually made the payment plan and but first thing they say they will take 10 weeks to approve my plan so I am not sure do I have to wait until my plan is approved for what

Thanks I did actually made the payment plan and but first thing they say they will take 10 weeks to approve my plan so I am not sure do I have to wait until my plan is approved for what

I think you should take the information that you have been given by the department on face value and wait until the approval comes.

If you apply and pay the visa application charge and then your payment plan is not approved then you risk a visa rejection I would assume.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge on such matters may be able to confirm or deny this.

Archived