FORM 80.. Emplyment Section Help!

ShellyPlatt

Hi all, I am looking for some help with form 80. In the employment section is states to 'Give details of all employment and unemployment since birth'. What if you cannot remember all the jobs/ dates etc..

This form is a nightmare!

Thanks in advance :-)

Just fill it in as best you can.

Leave no gaps in the timeline from birth. Put unemployed or at school for any dates you weren't working otherwise you'll get the form sent back to you.

It's a bit stupid to be honest, what interest is it to them that I did a paper round or worked on a farm in the summer when I was 13? But, that's what they ask for.

Yes this form is a nightmare for anyone that's had any semblance of a life. The Trick is not to lie anywhere on the form. Put periods of unemployment down as such. If you need to just be approximate to the month and year of some of the jobs you cant really remember and if you were travelling and just did incidental work just put that down as best as you can remember. So long as your passport matches up with you general whereabouts in any given timescale they are not going to be that bothered.

Just get it done and make your you keep a copy in the event you should emigrate to Mars at some later stage. Although I'm pretty sure no where else will be as picky as Australia to get in.

Thank you for your reply.

For any one else filling out Form 80-

I have just phoned the tax office and after being on hold for 57mins they gave me a telephone number to request my employment history.

Phone number- 03000 560629 very straight forward and pain free, answered straight away! Ask for 'A Statement of Accounts' and they will provide all the NI contributions you have ever made either through employment or benefits. Will arrive in 7-10 days.

I am hoping this will help complete the employment section!

Also, I am right in thinking both myself and my husband will need to complete Form 80? I am the main applicant on 189 visa?

Thanks

Archived