Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)

Elenita

I would like to know the schedule for the next invite for Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190). My EOI was lodged on January 1, 2015 Electronics Engineer - 233411, preferred location: New South Wales

I will take again IELTS to be able to apply for 189. But I wonder why 190 takes time, I thought it will take only 3 months.

I would like to know the schedule for the next invite for Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190). My EOI was lodged on January 1, 2015 Electronics Engineer - 233411, preferred location: New South Wales

I will take again IELTS to be able to apply for 189. But I wonder why 190 takes time, I thought it will take only 3 months.

Nominated 190 visas don't have the same schedule as other (independent) visas and as such there are no set times for visa invitations.

You will have to wait for the state nomination and it's impossible to know when (or if) that will actually come.

Your suggestion about taking the IELTS again to increase your points and going down the independent route is probably a very good idea.

Great. Thanks.

I actually have two invitations before for 489, but they told me it is going to be difficult since it is provisional not like PR which is almost same benefit with those citizen, so I decided to go for 190 and since 190 takes time, will go for 189. My next scheduled IELTS exam will be on Sept. 26

Archived