Chances of engineer watchkeeper(under ships engineer 231212) getting invited

varghese

Hii,

Iam Varghese who have cleared AMSA engineer watchkeeper COR oral examination and have lodged EOI on 20-07-2015.Can anyone advise me what are the chances of getting an invitation on my EOI.Some of my friends have told me that basic requirement for getting an invitation is to have a Class2 or Class1 ticket.Is that right.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.I have applied for 189 and also for 190 with 60 and 65 points respectivelyThe points breakdown is as below

Age-28 30 points

Degree- 4 yrs B.Sc Marine engineering 15 points

IELTS-10 points

Experience-3 years 5 points

I had selected ANY STATE for 190 visa .

ts

Thanks for your reply.I have applied for 189 and also for 190 with 60 and 65 points respectivelyThe points breakdown is as below

Age-28 30 points

Degree- 4 yrs B.Sc Marine engineering 15 points

IELTS-10 points

Experience-3 years 5 points

I had selected ANY STATE for 190 visa .

ts

You'll get an invite no problem.

Might take until September for the 189 though. 190 hard to say, I think most states sponsor marine engineers except ACT and QLD (would have to check that but pretty sure)

Hii,

Iam Varghese who have cleared AMSA engineer watchkeeper COR oral examination and have lodged EOI on 20-07-2015.Can anyone advise me what are the chances of getting an invitation on my EOI.Some of my friends have told me that basic requirement for getting an invitation is to have a Class2 or Class1 ticket.Is that right.

Thanks

You don't need class 1 or 2, don't worry, EOOW is fine. Do you have your skills assessment letter back from AMSA?

Thanks all for your valuable inputs.I do pocess letter from AMSA for migration.But thought not having class 2 or 1 would be a constraint for getting an invitation.Now im a bit relieved on seeing your replies and hope will get invited

thanks

You'll get an invite no problem.

Might take until September for the 189 though. 190 hard to say, I think most states sponsor marine engineers except ACT and QLD (would have to check that but pretty sure)

Correction to the above post - All states accept 190 applications from Ship's Engineers with the exception of ACT & TAS

• 7 months later...

Hi Varghese,

Are you through with the process? Also when did you get your invite?

Thanks all for your valuable inputs.I do pocess letter from AMSA for migration.But thought not having class 2 or 1 would be a constraint for getting an invitation.Now im a bit relieved on seeing your replies and hope will get invited

thanks

Archived