Nominated occupation visa question

BronxFan

I have had a search but have not been able to find the answer to this this question, so it would be awesome if someone could give me some advice.

I have submitted my EOI and received my invitation and have NOT claimed points for work experience, I just listed my jobs but then didn't tick the box to say it was related to my nominated occupation (even though they actually are).

Now that I am filling in the main application for my 189 VISA, my work history has been carried over from my EOI, and still there is a box next to each job ticked as not related.

But underneath this there is a now a new question:

Has the applicant been employed in Australia in their nominated occupation or a closely related occupation at a skilled level immediately before lodging this application?

So I am confused by that, I have already claimed my points for the EOI, so surely I should be honest here and say YES I have worked in my nominated profession for a year, otherwise I will be telling a lie (which I am paranoid about doing).

I am worried if I say YES they may think I am trying to add on another 5 points which might complicate things needlessly and I may have to provide references etc which I am trying to avoid.

Thanks in advance if anyone remembers answering that question and can help.

The name of the game is honesty. You need to answer questions accurately and not just the questions that you think that you are willing to answer.

Referring to the question 'Has the applicant been employed in Australia......'

If the answer is yes, then you must answer yes. When the time comes to complete form 80 (if they ask for it, which is possible) then you'll have to provide your whole work history from birth.....if you've neglected to provide information to them earlier then you could be accused of deceiving them and you'll then have a barrage of questions and requests for additional information at best.....or worse...your application refused.

Archived