Thinking of moving back to Perth

Suem8

Need advice ive been back in UK 3 years after 16 years in Perth but now single.

wanting a rough idea on monthly costs bills etc .

my kids older maybe still in Perth but worried I won't beable to afford to live there.

I honestly don't think anyone can help you with that as it is a very personal thing - one of your main costs will be housing and that depends hugely on whether you are renting or buying (& how big a deposit you have), the type of flat/house and the area.

If you were there 3 years ago I doubt it has dramatically changed - the economy in WA has been rather flat in the last three years so prices won't have moved up much if at all.

To have the kind of lifestyle/accomodation etc. you have in the UK you would need to have an income roughly 2-2.5 times more in dollars - any less and you would struggle.

To give you an idea of how people's expediture and expectations vary - we struggled in Perth on around $150k and i am sure many people (including ourselves!!) would wonder how on earth we could struggle but our income in the UK had been around £110k so we were used to a certain lifestyle & also had a lot of debt.

Archived