TRA Skills Assessment Lodged July 2015

PomCop

Hi all

I've not posed for awhile - mainly because it was teasing me so much seeing you all submitting your applications and getting the grants when I was quite a bit away!

I am applying for a 189 Skilled Independent Visa, but obviously having to wait for my positive Skills Assessment from TRA first. I've finally got round to putting everything together for it and gathered as much evidence as I possibly could!

At the end of June it'll be 3 years experience post qualifying in the trade, so I'll be submitting at the begging of July & hoping that the application comes back positive before December.

One of the forum users on here, Mark26, has just made the big move over to Melbourne. He was in the same boat as me (same trade etc) so he's given me lots of advice - thank you!

I've got over three years' worth of payslips, 3 years' of accounts etc.

Can anyone think of anything else that I should bring to the table that isn't on the TRA guidelines? Thanks!

I'm planning on making the move at the end of 2016 with any luck, but set myself a 2 year timeline.

Good luck. Our went right to the end of the 60 working days for them to fail it and we've had our appeal acknowledged today and guess what....another 60 working day wait lol Can't really answer what you might need since I don't know you're personal circumstances but we had to to provide references from customers of my OH xx

That's a bummer. Sorry to hear that!

I'm a self employed industrial roofer and cladder (roof plumber in Australian terms)! Although I'm self employed, I sub contract to companies and for the purpose of the skills assessment, I am classes as employed. This is purely because I don't deal with clients, buying materials for site, pricing for jobs etc

I hope your appeal wins!

Best of luck and keep us posted

• 3 weeks later...

Spent the entire day finishing off my Skills Assessment so it is 'decision ready'

My OCD levels have got higher. New printer purchased. Over 500 pages printed off, organised, labelled up & now waiting for employer references to come back before taking it all down to my solicitor and getting it sorted.

My head feels so clear now! Although I can't sleep as I am still hyped up about it all!

Two weeks more and I'll be sending it off to Aus!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived