Moving to Wollongong!!! Help

Monkey75

Hi guys, First time poster!!!!

We are about to move to Wollongong.... or surrounding area. Very open to areas!!!

We are looking for a good safe public high school where he can walk home. I know about the myschool website but because our search area is very large I have no idea where to start.

The plan is to find good high school and then good primary school, then choose a good area based on this. We will rent and then buy a house.

We are currently in the Castle Hill area but are completely priced out of ever buying a property around here.

Can anyone offer any advice.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen

@Monkey75 welcome to the forum. I have heard excellent feedback on Smiths Hill High School, just remember though a lot of these schools will be zoned.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if you have already moved?! Smith Hill is a selective school. You can use the bettereducation website to give you an indication of academic results, it will also let you see the school status, for example independent, religion, number of students etc. This way you can get an idea of the schools you like the look of and work from there. I used the website and we ended up in Figtree. Pleased with the primary school we chose. Hope that's some help, and if too late, hope your move was stress free :)

Archived