Uk Nurse to Australia Nurse process.

Rhian196

Hi!

I'm a UK newly qualified (ish) 22 year old Diploma nurse currently working on an acute medical ward since October 2014. I am slowly developing a grand plan to go and work in Australia for about a year (maybe more) on my own.

During my research my head has been rapidly going into melt down so any advice would be greatly appreciated it. Also If anyone has any helpful website links or contact numbers :)

I'd like to aim for as soon on in 2016 but is this realistic? How long does the process take? And where do I start [emoji28]

From what I understand I first need to complete the ILETS? I've read this is mandatory but is that still the case if you've been in the UK for my whole life?? Seems pointless to me?

Do I need to then apply to AMNAC for a skills assessment (after ILETS) and then to APHRA for registration.

Do I wait for all of that to apply for a visa and a job or have I waffled a load of nonsense?

Please help [emoji28]

Much love Rhian x

Sorry the first thing you would need to do is top up to degree, Australia no longer takes Diploma nurses.

2016 could be realistic depending on how long it takes to top up however Id presume end of 2016.

A permanent visa for example would take 6 months from when you complete your degree and you would need 3 months work experience following your degree top up before you could apply. So approx 9 months between completing degree and getting a PR visa.

There are temporary visas which would take less time but more difficult recently to find a sponsor.

Then there are working holiday visas which are holiday visas but you can work with an employer for up to 6 months max. This visa lasts a year. If you spend 3 months of it working in a rural area you can get a 2nd year. However not many employers would take you on, you would be restricted to agency work.

However, neither will be possible if you have a diploma. They changed this in October 2013.

Archived