House Sharing

want2beaussie

Hey All,

Just wondering what you're thoughts are..my partner & I will be moving to Brisbane mid June, and will start looking for somewhere to live, close to the CBD as my new job is on Eagle St.

I have been looking at apartments, and the nice ones in our price bracket are between $450-500. I have also seen some amazing apartments/houses/townhouses for around $800, with 2 living areas, 3/4 bedrooms - these would easily be big enough for 2 couples without being on top of each other and would therefore cost half the price in rent.

Do you think it's a good idea to try search for people to rent with? Would real estate agents be willing to do this? I have rental history and never had any dramas, and I will have a good well paying job.

Where would you start to look for other couples, maybe new from UK too?

Thanks

:notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...
Hey All,

Just wondering what you're thoughts are..my partner & I will be moving to Brisbane mid June, and will start looking for somewhere to live, close to the CBD as my new job is on Eagle St.

I have been looking at apartments, and the nice ones in our price bracket are between $450-500. I have also seen some amazing apartments/houses/townhouses for around $800, with 2 living areas, 3/4 bedrooms - these would easily be big enough for 2 couples without being on top of each other and would therefore cost half the price in rent.

Do you think it's a good idea to try search for people to rent with? Would real estate agents be willing to do this? I have rental history and never had any dramas, and I will have a good well paying job.

Where would you start to look for other couples, maybe new from UK too?

Thanks

:notworthy:

we house shared when we first got to Brisbane. We lived in a beautiful Queenslander in Milton with an Aussie couple and her cousin. 2 years later, she was my wife's bridesmaid and he was my best man. It was the best decision we made and helped us settle in much easier!

Archived