ACS assessment

Armin Imani

Hi All,

I just receive this email from ACS:

"Your Bachelor Degree from *** completed July 2011 has been assessed as

comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

The following employment after May 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 05/10 - 11/11 (1yrs 6mths)

Position: Computer Programmer

Employer: ***

Dates: 11/11 - 10/13 (1yrs 11mths)

Position: Computer Programmer

Employer: ***

,etc"

Firstly, why they didn't accept my first two years.

Secondly, I was thinking that these years are enough and didn't add one of my old work experiences to be assessed. Is it possible to add it now and ask for reconsideration?

Regards

The ACS always deducts some work experience before considering applicants to have met the required skill level. In the case of someone with a qualification assessed as comparable to an Australian Bachelor degree with a major in computing, according to their guidelines, the period deducted is usually 2 years. There would be no point in asking for any work experience before May 2012 to be considered as prior to that date, you had not met the required skill level.

If you're now short of points because you can only claim for experience gained after May 2012, and are currently not eligible for points for Proficient or Superior English, you should try to make up the shortfall by doing the PTE Academic English test - it's a fairer test than IELTS.

Archived