Help. Pregnancy & Australia.

KimberleeG92

If you've just started the Visa process you may not even be able to arrive in Oz Until after the baby is born, it took us 6/7 months in total never mind organising some where to live etc. Home births are not common in Oz so i would say it was a risk.

If your husbands been offered a job would they be flexible to wait until after the baby is born?

to clarify if you have a 190 visa ad are from the UK your birth is covered by medicare just things like blood tests and ultrasounds you need to pay for . you could always email medicare or ring them for advice x

wow thanks for all ur comments ! i need to research this alot more !! Hopefully im covered if not i better get saving ! Thanks Guys ♡

If you're paying for private then expect to save up 10s of $1000's - the whole private health care system in Australia is based on the assumption insurance is paying and the costs are astronomical.

Dentistry can cost $500 for a scale and polish and I had to pay $750 for lycra compression socks (or rather my insurance did)

Edited to add - perhaps not quite as much as I thought it would be, this article might help

http://www.kidspot.com.au/familyhealth/Pregnancy-Health-The-medical-costs-of-having-a-baby+6657+184+article.htm

Archived