Calling all high voltage electrical engineers

Star447

Hello all,

Allow me to introduce myself, I am a high voltage electrical engineer in the UK and am planning to relocate to Australia soon.

In my current role my job title is "senior authorised person" and I am responsible for rendering HV/LV and mechanical equipment safe to be worked on and setting personnel to work under a permit to work system.

From looking on various job sites my job title doesn't seem to exist in Australia, can anybody tell me what my UK role would be classed as in Australia?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi, I used to work in london as a EHV Maintenance fitter 132-11kv. Main substations, Transformers, tap changers, switchgear etc. Im planning on making the move later this year and have a similar issue if i go back into that line of work. I was classed as a "Fitter" when my PR was granted even though the description of this role was nothing like what i was doing on a daily basis. Havent seen any EHV fitting roles either

Ive seen plenty of liveline workers, jointers and Electrical Engineer positions, but no AP or SAP roles. I think the terminology may be different. I would be interested if someone out there could also shed some light on this.

Have you got your visa already?

Archived