Regarding two employments in parallel

murtza4u

I have been working for the last two employers for three years in paralell (at the same time from 2010 to 2013) for full time. I do not want my parallel employment period considered to be double. But just want to make sure that there should not be any problem for working in two companies in parallel. The full time work requirement is 20 hours per week or more but I have been working for more than 25 hours a week in each company. I hope there would be hundreds of people who have been working in multiple companies at the same time. But I am not sure how DIAC CO see this.

Guest The Pom Queen

I'm just giving this a bump for you hopefully someone will know. I would have thought if it was in the same field doing the same job you would be fine.

DIBP won't care at all as long as you're not trying to claim two lots of parallel experience for points.

For one visa (an 887) which requires that you have worked full time in a regional area for at least 12 months, you would HAVE to use both lots of employment to get to the equivalent of a full time job which for that particular visa is 35 hours rather than the 20 which is considered to be full time for points test purposes. For meeting the eligibility requirements for an 887, part-time jobs can be combined to get to the 35 hours.

Archived