Skill Select invitation expired

Tavio

Hey all,

in 25/11/2014 I created my EOI in Skill Select and in 05/12/2014 I received an invitation to apply for a 189 visa. I applied and paid for this visa on 03/01/2015. My EOI status in Skill Select is "SUBMITTED" and the status of my application on ImmiAccount is "In progress". However, on 04/02/2015 I received a correspondence in Skill Select saying that my invitation has expired and that I cannot lodge a visa application based on that invitation. Upon receiving this message I just shrugged it off and concluded that for some reason the Skill Select system is not aware that I have already lodged an application based on said invitation via the ImmiAccount system. However, today I received another e-mail from Skill Select saying that I had new correspondence. I went to Skill Select's website, but... there is no new correspondence there. This is starting to worry me, as I fear it may interfere in my application in some way...

Anyway, I just want to know if this has happened to you guys as well or if it's something I really should be worried about. I don't have a CO assigned to my case yet so if I want to talk to an authority about this it will probably take them a little more than a week to answer me. Thanks!

It just keeps getting weirder. Today, I received another message in Skill Select saying I was being invited to apply for the visa - again. So basically what happened was: I was invited to apply for the visa; I applied for the visa; I received a message saying my invitation was about to expire; I received a message saying my invitation had expired; I received a new invitation. Throughout all this, my actual application in https://online.immi.gov.au/ola/app has stayed in the status "in progress". Has something like this happened to any of you guys? Should I be worried?

Everyone gets that 'invitation expired' email - it's just an automated message that pops up after the invitaion period (8 weeks?)

To my knowledge, you have that 8 weeks to get all your stuff in - and no CO will look at your case until after the 8 weeks has elapsed. (although you can still send in further bits after this or be contacted for stuff like medicals or police checks). So, if all is well, you could get action soon.

Archived