Visa 820???

soph7

Hello All,

New here and just wanted to see how people are going with their application.

We applied for the visa 820 in april 2014. Has anyone heard anything yet?

Thanks

I applied in May 2014, and havent heard anything yet. I did email immigration last week as my Medical and police checks are all due to expire in the next two weeks and they replied to say the timeframe of 12-15 months is pretty accurate at the moment.

However, my friend who has also applied in april 2014 was told that she should hear in feb or March by immigration when she applied for a bridging visa B just before Christmas!

What date did you apply?

I applied in May 2014, and havent heard anything yet. I did email immigration last week as my Medical and police checks are all due to expire in the next two weeks and they replied to say the timeframe of 12-15 months is pretty accurate at the moment.

However, my friend who has also applied in april 2014 was told that she should hear in feb or March by immigration when she applied for a bridging visa B just before Christmas!

What date did you apply?

We applied in April 2014, got a bridging visa A and got a automatic email a couple of weeks ago advising to do medical.

No they didn't give me a date, it was just an automatic email saying that "This is an automatically generated email. If you have been contacted by a case officer or this Partner application has been finalised, please disregard this email.

Re: Application for Partner Migration. We refer to your application for a Temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) and Permanent Partner visa (subclass 801), lodged in Apr-2014. Your application has progressed in the queue and you will be contacted by the Department once processing of your application has commenced. If you have already provided any of the documents outlined in this email, you do not need to submit them again. If you have not yet provided the information required to assess your application, please refer to the instructions below."

I applied 2nd may 2014 and a few days ago I got contacted by the CO saying all they need is the form 80. I already did my medical and police checks last feb so I only got about a week to figure this form out. IT IS HORRIBLE! but hopefully if I can send it back to them in time I wont have to do another medical.

Also can anyone let me know how they are getting on with the form 80 or how they did?

I applied 2nd may 2014 and a few days ago I got contacted by the CO saying all they need is the form 80. I already did my medical and police checks last feb so I only got about a week to figure this form out. IT IS HORRIBLE! but hopefully if I can send it back to them in time I wont have to do another medical.

Also can anyone let me know how they are getting on with the form 80 or how they did?

Was it an auto email or it actually was your CO?

Soph7 - this is great news! i hope tyo receive such email soon then!

Rebecca - I have already spoken with immigration about the medical as mine expires on Tuesday,and the police checks too. They said the following :

The validity of your medicals can be extended to a maximum of six months from date of expiry which may or may not be sufficient to avoid having to redo them as they were already 3 months old when you lodged your application, however we make every effort to try and avoid this.

Your UK penal although it may have expired by the time the application is finalised remains valid, provided you do not return to the UK for a total Cumulative period exceeding 60 days

Your AFP penal although it may have expired by the time the application is finalised remains valid for the grant of the Partner (Temporary) UK 820 visa only, you will need to provide a current AFP when the Partner (Residence) BS801 visa is considered for grant.

So that all seems to be ok!

The form 80 is horrible! best thing to do though is get stuck in! I did a draft copy and then highlighted things to look up and come back to. The hardest part for me was listing all the countries i have been to, i have travelled europe. i'll be honest i stopped after 10! They can also accept your Oz Police check after it expire

Thanks for your posts ladies it is good to know we are all in a similar boat and it appears things are starting to happen with them! yay!

The medical can be extended up to 6 months? see I did my medical and police checks 3 months before the application too. I'm aware that I wont have to do another english one which is awesome because they messed me about and said they sent me 5. Took them 3 months to send me one! and the day I actually posted my application I went home to find the stupid english police check hanging out my letter box. GRR It is good to see a few more in the same boat. I've nearly finished the form 80 but there are a couple of primary schools I dont remember when I was like 5-6 years old so I may just keep it to one primary school. Risky but most of it is right... as for europe... I'm 24 and since I was 14 I've figured 22 countries... but not the dates. NO IDEA! so i'm pretty stressed at the moment..

Also can you tell me If I have to put all the hostels in the gap where I was travelling for 10 months? because I keep reading it over and thats what I seem to be getting confused with....

I just put a vague list - lets face it, if they really want to check they can type in my passport number and have a look! lol! E.G Italy June 2011 for leisure and thats about all I put!

Yea they can extend the Medical by 6 moths, which is good news. the bad news was they told me that it may still expire : S

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but we applied on February 5, 2014 and still have no visa... Prepare for a long wait...

It wouldn't normally take that long for an applicant from a low risk country. Are you from a high risk country where external security checks can hold up the process?

It wouldn't normally take that long for an applicant from a low risk country. Are you from a high risk country where external security checks can hold up the process?

I'm Australian. My partner is from the UK. He is low risk, yes. But thats it.

We got an automatically generated email on 13th November 2014 saying we will get a CO soon.

3 weeks ago we got an email requesting us to 'register our relationship' with BDM which cost $207 and takes 5 weeks to process, more financial evidence from 2013 and 2014. (FYI we had a joint bank account since 2013 which was put in the initial visa app)

Apart from that. Absolutely nothing.

It will be 12 months in a few days. No sign of CO or visa.

Good luck to everyone else. You are in for a long wait.

I hate to see what someone from a 'high risk country' has to endure.

I'm Australian. My partner is from the UK. He is low risk, yes. But thats it.

We got an automatically generated email on 13th November 2014 saying we will get a CO soon.

3 weeks ago we got an email requesting us to 'register our relationship' with BDM which cost $207 and takes 5 weeks to process, more financial evidence from 2013 and 2014. (FYI we had a joint bank account since 2013 which was put in the initial visa app)

Apart from that. Absolutely nothing.

It will be 12 months in a few days. No sign of CO or visa.

Good luck to everyone else. You are in for a long wait.

I hate to see what someone from a 'high risk country' has to endure.

Thanks for providing this info! I think that my application won't e plain sailing so I am Deffo in for a longer wait! It seems 9 months maybe when you hear something, even if it is just a generated email!

I hope you hear soon! We can't register here in WA so they can't ask us for that!

The fact that you received an email requesting more evidence etc indicates that you do in fact have a CO. I must say though that I've never heard of anyone being requested to register their relationship. It's an option for people in some states if they want an exemption from the One-year Relationship requirement but the applicant usually does it without a request from DIBP. Sounds like the CO might think you're a bit short of evidence to show that you've been in a de facto relationship for a full 12 months.

The fact that you received an email requesting more evidence etc indicates that you do in fact have a CO. I must say though that I've never heard of anyone being requested to register their relationship. It's an option for people in some states if they want an exemption from the One-year Relationship requirement but the applicant usually does it without a request from DIBP. Sounds like the CO might think you're a bit short of evidence to show that you've been in a de facto relationship for a full 12 months.

I wonder whether it could be used as a defence for us WA applicants, it seems unfair that other states only have to register and then are exempt from the 1 year rule!

Archived